S.O.S.

Spectator Of Sports · Football · Basketball · Baseball · Hunting

Saturday, February 17, 2007

What A Week

I have got to quit trying to play SuperMom!

This week was absolutely C-R-A-Z-Y! I had quizzes, tests, homework, housework, ball games, and work - - - PLUS After-Prom stuff to do. . .I HAVE TO LEARN TO START SAYING "NO". . .I have been going strong for 2 weeks - something every day and night and need-less-to-say it caught up. . .

With Bud being a Junior this year the class parents are responsible for hosting After Prom. . .This month we have had 2 fundraisers - We held a Bake Sale at the beginning of the month that was just totally awesome! And, one which included Valentine's. . .Sunday 3 of us used the High School Cafeteria and baked cookies. . .Sunday afternoon several of us got together and put together the Valentines - Wednesday morning BrenBren and I blew up balloons and finished those off that had ordered them and then we spent the day delivering them to the Elementary School, Middle School, and High School. . .I never dreamed it would take us sooooo long! ! ! Thank Goodness I have flexible hours and work for some wonderful guys!

We have solicited businesses here for monetary donations or gifts to give away to the kids that attend. . .Seems like every day I think of a business and will call BrenBren to see if a parent signed up to solicit it. . .we did this to avoid hitting people up more than once. . .I thought it was a really good idea.

If any of you wonderful people have ideas for After Prom money raising or activities, please let me know. . . This year we are holding After Prom at the YMCA which will be new and different from what they have done the past couple of years. . .We are saving money and will be able to give the kids a lot nicer gifts.

On top of contacting businesses for After Prom donations - both the boys brought home Football fundraisers - UG. . .I understand that the coaches are trying to help us as parents save money - but I HATE ASKING PEOPLE FOR MONEY and when do my boys have time to do this? Bud starts Basketball District playoffs tonight - Thursday Regional playoffs start and Scoop is full-swing into Baseball now. And, get this - Bud will play baseball too and the first baseball game is scheduled for March 2nd - if the High School makes it through Regional playoffs (pray and cross your fingers!), Area will be March 1-3. . .

Once May hits - I wanna VACATION!

4 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Blogger SongBird said...

I hate doing fund raisers. I know parents and family members get hit up with so many things. Fortunately, my school district pays for all the music that we use and for the overnight trips and things that the kids go on. We do have to raise money to support our choir awards program and things like all region T-shirts, senior recognition gifts and things like that.

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

It has been so long since I've been involved in a fund raiser --

but.. I get kids all the time selling cookie dough ..etc.

One of the local parochial highschool 's has the football team available for heavy chores for people.
Fairly cheap. Moving furniture.. etc.

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger Shauna said...

Songbird - You are so lucky. We have a Band Booster Club like our Sports Booster Club. . .Guess we need to be glad we have those! They both help with some of the costs of equipment etc.

Pamela - What a good idea with the football team.

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Claudia said...

I'm exhausted just reading this. Good luck with the fundraiser...I'm sorry but I have no clue...it's way too cold for carwashes, isn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home