S.O.S.

Spectator Of Sports · Football · Basketball · Baseball · Hunting

Monday, August 14, 2006

The Repair Begins



This picture is Bud's truck a year ago when he got it for his 16th birthday. . .Needless-to-say, July 28th, a little over a year after he got it - a lady ran into the side of him. . .the pictures of the damage really don't do justice and it just amazes me the amount of money that it takes to repair things like this!




As you can see the bed on the truck is out of whack and the other photo is just a piece of the door that was hit. . .It is costing over $3,000 to repair. . .

Fortunately, we have a friend that does auto body repair and IS GOOD AT HIS PROFESSION and he will be doing the work for us. . .Bud is learning what it means to be a body man. In order to save a little money repairing his truck so that he can do a few things extra to it he is sanding it down himself.



In the meantime, since we got the new car, Bud has been driving the old car and the little extras that he had on his truck have been moved to the Yukon. . .Looks SWEET too! ! ! Guess we could've just done some stuff to it and not bought a new one. . .LOL

I will try to post stages of our truck repair. . .It should be fun! ! !

11 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger Silly Hily said...

Dude! Can I drive the "old car" once the truck is fixed? That Yukon IS sweet. Did the lady who hit him not have insurance?

(Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your comment cracked me up! I've got your method tucked in the back of my mind and won't be afriad to use it.)

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Shauna said...

Silly - the lady did have insurance. . .we are just doing some of the work so that Bud can put a stripe job and maybe suicide doors on his truck. . .Save $ that way to do other things.
Unfortunately, the wheels and tires and the taillights come back off the Yukon when the truck is fixed. . .so it isn't gonna be as sweet. . .LOL

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Susan in va said...

I'm with Hily - I'd LOVE to drive the YUKON!!

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger willowtree said...

Jeez I was nearly 16 before my parents got a car! Boy do I envy him. Anyone hurt?

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Shauna said...

Susan - lol - If the Yukon had had the stuff on it that it does now I wouldn't have even considered another vehicle! ! ! LOL

Willowtree - No one was hurt. . .JJ, Buds girlfriend, was a little shook up. . .When Birddog and I got to the accident all she could say was "We were on 2 wheels". It was really funny and we didn't believe her. . .But after inspection in the daylight - she knew what she was talking about - they really were on 2 wheels.

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Karmyn R said...

Don't you wish you could wrap them up in Charmin or even bubblewrap to keep them safe all day?

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Shauna said...

Karmyn R - you better believe it!

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger M J said...

$3000!?!?! Holy crap. I guess I can understand since they probably have to paint the entire side of the truck. Nickel here, dime here. But ouch!

Nice ride for a 16 yr old. I had a 1978 Mustang 2 that needed to have the gas applied at all times if you didn't want to stall. Gee thanks Dad!

Thanks for stopping by my place. I shall return.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Shauna said...

Thanks MJ - thanks for visiting. . . The ride we got for him was a lot nicer than planned but we couldn't pass up the deal. . .
Come back & see me!

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

Hey there! I thought you guys were trading in the Yukon. Guess the green car went?! Bud will appreciate a paint job a lot more with all the work he is putting in on it. My family had a body shop and I was sick of wet sanding. :) It is fun to dabble in though.

Hope his pick-up is done soon! What is Jay driving?

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Shauna said...

Hey Julie - We didn't get rid of any cars. . .Got a much better deal not. . .

We got news from OGE. . .Next Monday interview. . .

When truck done we'll probably get rid of green car. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home