S.O.S.

Spectator Of Sports · Football · Basketball · Baseball · Hunting

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Bragging



I'm so proud of my boys! Tuesday night we went to the school to pick up the boys grades and visit with any teachers that we wanted. . .It was so nice. . .We got Bud's grades first and YIPPEE! He has all A's with 2 B's. . .He has a B in his Physics class right now, but I think if he continues to get 90's or better on his tests he will have an A in no time! ! ! )Remember, this is the class he moved into from Trig). . . So, HIGH FIVE BUD! ! ! AWESOME!

Scoop isn't doing as well as he has in the past, but it was expected with the first quarter in the high school. . .He has 2 C's that are teetering on a B and we were told that if he wouldn't have been visiting so much in Biology it would have been a B or possibly even and A. . .The other C was due to Scoop missing a week of school and going back and taking an Algebra test. . .All of his grades were good. . .He should be settled in now so Birddog and I expect more from him. . .we gave him a bit of a break on the first quarter (to get used to things) - Okay Scoop now it's time to get serious. . .

The school has also implemented a program that parents can get onto to check on their child's progress. . . It has some wonderful features - checking assignments and making sure that your child is turning in all assignments. Absences and tardies are also recorded. And, it shows if the child is/was eligible or ineligible (for extracurricular school activities) and for what weeks. . .The teachers weekly lesson plans are also posted so that the parents can make sure that their child has everything needed in case they miss school. . .I'm really excited about this program - now I won't have to bug the teachers to check on the boys progress.

12 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our school has that same program to check up on the kids. I love it. Helps us stay ontop of them.

My son makes C's. I struggle with what to doa bout it because he makes C's without bringing home a book or studying at all. If he applied himself he would make A's and B's. I'm afraid, with his personality, if I push it he'll go the other way. ...
congrats on the good grades.

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Shauna said...

Vicki - When our boys were younger we used to give them X $ for B's, X $ for A's & B's, and X $ for A's. . .Now that they are in High School - we will pay their auto insurance (not Scoop yet - lol) if they keep a 3.0. . .they get a Good Student discount. . .

Every parent has their own way of thinking - this is just what we did. . .It seemed to help. . .

If I can think or hear of other things other parents do to encourage grades I'll share. . .

I completely understand on the pushing issue. . .

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Susan in va said...

Nice job on the physics, Bud - that's a TOUGH class! I love the slide show in the margin - I don't think I noticed it before.

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

To bad all parents wouldn't take an interest and follow up like that.

Hey. I had to go out and come back in because blogger wouldn't give me a word verification

There was just a tiny lil icon there!!

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Shauna said...

Susan - I just added the slide show last week - thanks!

Pamela it is sad that not more parents get involved in their kids education.

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger SongBird said...

Congrats on the good grades!!

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger its_amyia1977 said...

Hey Shauna,
Great photos of your kids..and thats awesome that you can track their grades and improvement. No more days of changing your report card grades with white out heh?? LOL....! = )

BTW, music video from my page came from musicjesus.com . I used it a lot on my old myspace page. Have a great weekend!!

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Steven said...

The sad thing is that not that many parents are as involved in their kids lives as you seem to be.

Steve~

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Shauna said...

Thanks AJ! ! !

Steve - it's true - we know a lot of kids that their parents are not involved in hardly anything they do. . .It REALLY P'S ME OFF! ! ! I take as many of these kids under my wing as possible. . .I would not have ever dreamed I would do this - lol - :)

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Karmyn R said...

Good job boys (Scoop - STUDY STUDY STUDY!!!!)

Love the slideshow - great pictures.

AND SHAUNA -
Thanks for your hugs yesterday. It has been a rough couple of days! When you look at your kids, it is hard to know what you will miss.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Claudia said...

That's really cool!!

I still remember getting handwritten report cards! It's really amazing how things change!

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Shauna said...

Karymn - I hope to add more pics to the slideshow soon - many of my pics were to big (shucks). . .

Claudia - I need to pull out my report cards (they are actually cards) from Junior High. . .My boys would probably get a hoot out of seeing them. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home