S.O.S.

Spectator Of Sports · Football · Basketball · Baseball · Hunting

Friday, October 06, 2006

I'm Not a Restaurant Entrepreneur

Wow! Yesterday evening was the night that me and several other Football moms fed the team. . .That was a blast, once we were there and they were eating. LOL

I wound up skipping my Thursday afternoon classes due to not having the time to put my cajun-cheese potatoes together the evening before and working.

I thought I was really on a roll until I realized I was going to have to make another trip to the grocery store. Did you know that one of those big aluminium roasters will hold 10 pounds of potatoes? I knew that wasn't enough. . .So, got that roaster full and ready to go and headed off to the grocery store (my most unfavorate place). In the process of throwing the first roaster together I realized we needed deviled eggs too - Birddog hates boiled eggs - so I might as well get eggs for that too and called my friend, Bren Bren, and told her I was adding to the menu. . .LOL . . . She had done that to me a couple of times in the process of getting this pulled together.

I was gonna have to hurry now. . . Okay, ran through the grocery store, then I get in what I think is gonna be a fast lane - oh no, what was I thinking? We are digging around in the tobacco and the cashier is going into the office and then she drops the bags, please, please hurry. . .

I grabbed the eggs that weren't on sale, shoot. The man sacking the groceries was really nice offering to go back and get them, "No thank you, I wasn't paying attention, I'll just use these." It would have taken to long! I didn't have the time. . .

Okay, home now, let's get these groceries in. . .What are the dogs barking at? Flying into the hot tub room to put ice in the freezer I look up and see Woody barking at - TURKEY'S! OMG! Birddog isn't gonna believe this! They usually hang out and roost maybe 1/2 a mile from here at the creek. . .I had to call Birddog! Don't have time but by golly I'm gonna. . .He's pumped! Even text messaged the boys. . .LOL - I know pretty silly. . .

Okay, back to cooking the potatoes and throwing the deviled eggs together. . .My goodness, my kitchen looks like a bomb went off. . .Oh well, don't have time for that. . .Sure am glad I put that dish in the fridge to cool down for the eggs. . . Well, got that all slammed together and have got to change the clothes - I've got deviled egg all over me. . .We've got to go. . .Birddog has been loading the car up so we can get. . .BB is here because she is gonna follow us, she doesn't know where Bren Bren lives.

Hop in the car with BB and good grief I forgot the plastic ware and plates! Turn around go back to the house. . .oh my, BB drives slow! I'm late we need to go! ! ! I've been rushing all afternoon this is hard to take! ! ! Breathe Sha, breathe. . .Phew! We are finally here! Jump out and get to rushing around again. . .

Boy! We have a lot of food! It's time - we'll serve the boys the meat to make sure everyone gets some and decent portions. . .Everything else will be fine. . .Wow! These boys eat a lot. . .We fixed 25+ pounds of pork loin, had 20 pounds of cajun potatoes, about 4 1/2 dozen deviled eggs, potato salad, cowboy beans, salad, salad fluff, rolls, a desserts! Not much left to clean up they chowed down!

My feet are still sore from standing up all afternoon and evening. . .LOL - but it was all worth it when Bud told Birddog and I that the team and coaches said that it was the best team meal yet. . .Yeah!

Bren Bren could have us in a fix and doing this craziness again next week. . .She told the team that if they win tonight - I HOPE THEY DO - we will do this again next Thursday. . .Oh my! I'll have to do my part the night before, I can't skip class again. . .and I've still got stuff to clean up in my kitchen. . .

5 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Blogger M J said...

That was a great play-by-play. I felt I was right there making cajun potatoes with you.

That sounds really good by the way.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Karmyn R said...

Whew - I'm just sweating thinking about that. The only thing that could have made that better was you getting a picture of the turkeys (but did you have time? NO!)

My sister-in-law does those big football feeds. Her son is in college now, but her younger son has just started football, so she's back at it. You and her are too crazy!!! (I can say that now since my son is only 5)

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger SongBird said...

I am plum worn out just reading about your great cooking adventure!

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

I got out of breath, too.
Hey... whats in the cajun potato's??

a picture of that would've been a feast for the eyes, too.

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Shauna said...

Well, unfortunately for the boys - I DON'T HAVE TO GO THROUGH THAT AGAIN THIS WEEK. . .Bummer. . . Really was hoping they would win and the first half looked like they were going to. Shoot!

Pamela - I will post how I make the potatoes. . .I can do a recipe post like Julie. . .

Karmyn - I would have LOVED to have gotten a picture of the turkeys! Who knows if they will be back because that was really unusual. . .

Just wait - in a few years we'll be reading about you doing all these things too! ! ! Can't wait! Wouldn't trade it for anything - it eventually settles down - lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home