S.O.S.

Spectator Of Sports · Football · Basketball · Baseball · Hunting

Monday, September 25, 2006

What a Trip

We made our mad dash to Pampa this weekend. . .We made a lot of people happy by showing up. . .Which in turn made me feel really good. . .

Our trip started off late due to getting in so late from the ballgame. . .and, then we got held up because Birddog got stopped. . .ur. . .he got lucky tho and the officer was nice and didn't write the ticket for as much as it could have been. . .

Now, some of the people (mostly elderly) were a little stunned when Bud walked in with his mohawk. . .I thought it was pretty funny. . .he's a good kid and they all found that out - and they were tickled when they heard how the mohawk came into play. . .then they started talking about the time Birddog's daddy took him to town for a haircut and brought him back with a mohawk. . .

Birddog has an aunt that is 91 years old and still gets up every day and goes to work. . .She owns a flower shop and is so sweet. . .She is Birddog's mother's aunt and we talked a little bit about his mom and I explained that it had been almost 3 years since Birddog had spoke to his mom and she flat informed me that I was not to force him to call her. . .I assured her that whatever Birddog did concerning his mother was in his hands. . .and his decision. . .It is because of Birddog's mom that Birddog doesn't know his family in Pampa and this aunt is the SWEETEST THING! ! ! It's a sad deal. . .

Besides the 4 younger kids, Birddog and I were the next youngest there - so that should tell you something. . . .Bud and Scoop were not quite prepared for all the hugging and kissing from the little old ladies, but they got through it. . .We got a good laugh from our 6'2" son talking about the little ladies pinching his cheeks. . .

I'm glad we made the trip and my boys (all of them) got to meet and get to know a little bit more about each other. . .

7 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Blogger Silly Hily said...

Oh good. I'm glad yall decided to go and had a good time.

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger M J said...

I hope I am retired when I am 91. Heck, I hope to be ALIVE when I am 91.

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger SongBird said...

LOL!! MJ I just hope I'm alive when I'm 91, too!!

Shauna, I am so glad your trip turned out to be a positive experience. Hope the boys don't have bruised cheeks from all the pinching!

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Karmyn R said...

There is nothing better than feisty 91yr old aunts to tell cool stories and pinch cheeks! Glad to hear that your trip was good!!!

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger willowtree said...

I empathise with Birddog, I used to fall out with my mother all the time. The longest we went without speaking was about 2 years (she's dead now, so we rarely talk). My brothers are a different matter, I haven't spoken to one for about 20 years and the other about 10 years.

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

YEAH!!! A happy time was had by all.
What a good ending.... or better yet... what a good beginning.

(ps. Bill and Ted's excellent adventure has the part where the old granny is their hell.... made me think of that when you mentioned the cheek pinching)

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Swampwitch said...

I haven't thought about Pampa in years. I had family there at one time. This is a sweet story and I'm sure your boys will cherish the memory, especially when they are older.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home