S.O.S.

Spectator Of Sports · Football · Basketball · Baseball · Hunting

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I survived!

The football game Friday night was a hard one to sit through. . .Bud got pounded! ! ! I told Birddog, "I can't watch Bud, I have to watch the football." My stomach was turning knots. . .Birddog would tell me how Bud would get tacked (creamed). . .Coaches really need to work on the line. . .Farmer and her hubby told me that they watched film after the game with coaches and said they had nothing but good things to say about Bud's QB performance. . .That really made me feel good. . .

For Scoop's birthday we had 10 teenage boys here for a Madden/Poker party. . .Wow! It got loud! ! ! The party was 4 hours long and trust me, it was a FULL 4 hours! ! !LOL. . .Scoop and one of his buddies had put together a fantasy team for Madden and were beatin' the tar out of the opposing teams. . .Finally, Bud pulled the plug on that - the game was going on for what seemed forever. . .It was pretty funny, because they only played Poker for about 30 minutes and were right back at the Madden game. . .We actually had 2 TV's and 2 Playstations set up and had 2 games going at once. . .

By the time 11 rolled around I was ready for some quiet. . .When 11:30 hit there was still one kiddo here that had not been invited to stay the night. . .I asked Scoop what was going on and he had no idea. . .12 hit and he was still here. . .Well, he lives in a small community about 20 minutes from where we live and told Scoop that I wasn't taking him home so he would just have to stay. . .I didn't get rid of that one until 4 Sunday afternoon! Actually, it didn't surprise me - everything is like that with his mother. . .Pretty aggrevating and sad for the kiddo because everyone knows that anything done with him will be messed up somehow and it usually is late or her not showing up. . .Oh well, we got through it, no harm done. . .

Haven't posted updates on Bud's truck because they are in the process of rebuilding the front end and putting new bushings in. . .Birddog says it will be like a whole new truck. . .Hmmmm. . .wouldn't it be with a new paint job????? LOL Hoping to get it to Mr. Hankey (our painter friend) within the next week or so. . .I'M READY and Bud is starting to Bite and the Bit pretty regular. . .

Dove season is here and my boys haven't been out yet - which is rather unusual. . .the truck and football really have us hooked to the plow and Scoop is throwing a fit. . .Maybe this weekend. . .

Don't forget to visit Bluebird Blogs and enter for a Blog Makeover. . .

Have a good Tuesday! ! !

9 Comments:

At 5:42 AM, Blogger Swampwitch said...

You are up early...I had little girls, but remember those slumber parties. Loud.And they can be so mean sometimes. Story about hosting the Little League team at our house: after a while, 2 were missing. We looked everywhere. Finally, one of the Moms found them at the bottom of the hot tub breathing the air coming out of the jets. They were little prunes when she pulled them out by their legs.
Loved your Dog-gone-it comment. Check back in. I'll have another one soon.

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

I certainly don't miss those parties. But they don't get any quieter the older they get. Sorry to have to tell ya that. LOL - they just cost more.

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Shauna said...

Swampwitch - Oh my! I can't imagine loosing kids! LOL - - -That's hilareous!

Thanks Julie. . .Yea, I'm finding out that they do COST MORE - UG!

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Silly Hily said...

That's so sad. That kid's mom didn't come get him until 4:00 the next day!? Poor thing. Not that he probably minded if he got to play Madden the whole time.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Shauna said...

I'm sure the kiddo is used to it. . .His mom is late to everything. . .Unfortunately, he father was killed in an accident several years ago and I think she is just overwhelmed all the time. . .

 
At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think football stinks. Swordfightin' be th' only game fer me.
Ya horn swollgin' swabbie!

Send that lil bilgerat me way. I be givin' 'im lessons bout the code.

 
At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

C'mere me fellow blogger to me pirateglobbership. Me hearties to see what crawls outta the bunghole..oh, it's me grog and lime soup. Specializin' in Mayhem and Madness at me place where the beatings will continue until morale improves. Me thinks football stinks, too.. specially when playin' the Oregon Ducks.
Fowl Fowl...

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger SongBird said...

If it makes Bud feel any better....our quarterback got pounded last Friday night, too. In fact, his knee was injured in the first half and he didn't get to play the rest of the game. He may be out for the rest of the season. We lost the game, too :(

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Shauna said...

Awe - how can anybody think football stinks? Guess I used to until my boys started playing and I learned the game. . .LOL

Songbird - Hate to hear that about ur QB. . .and lost the game. . .:(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home