S.O.S.

Spectator Of Sports · Football · Basketball · Baseball · Hunting

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Where Has This Week Gone?

Wowzers! It's already Thursday. . .I don't feel like I've been blogging like normal. . .what's up?

Guess this week being full of tests has me a messed up. . .Just a busy time. . .Next week is Football Homecoming and, of course, I'm right in the middle of making the Homecoming mums. . .The last 2 years we had Longhorn heads that we put on them - this year we are going to use pipe-cleaners and form CHS letters and have gotten red and white mums instead of plain white. . .I'll have to take pics for you to see. . .I'm ready to get them done. . .It's fun to do them, but a pain also because "Farmer" isn't much of a help. . .She refuses (I think she's afraid she'll mess something up) to glue or paint anything. . .LOL

Each High School class is working on their floats too. . .So, Bud is going on way and Scoop the other. . .Scoop has told me all about their float and him and his dad get to go out and get one of our deer stands to use. . .Bud doesn't even know what their float is going to be, or he hasn't said anything, but last year Bud's class won the float contest. . . It was pretty funny - the Junior and Senior classes were both mad. . . Scoop's class, Freshmen, have a really cool idea and from the way it was described to me, all the upper classes better look out - Freshmen could take the contest this year. . .Guess I should take pics of that too - LOL The Homecoming theme this year is, "Shsh, We're hunting Tigers." All the floats should be interesting. . .I will say one thing tho, I have yet to see a float made like we made them when I was in school in Colorado. . .We used chicken wire and colored napkins and formed shapes, etc. . .Here - the only thing I've seen is poster board, paper, wood, etc. to make the float. . .

Tomorrow night, we travel to one of our biggest rivals for football. . .We all dislike going to this town because it always seems like your playing the team and the officials - and I mean in every sport you play them! So, wish us luck! ! ! And, for once the local newspaper didn't rub into the ground how many times the Longhorns have lost. . .it was actually decent.

Have an Totally awesome Thursday! ! !

3 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Blogger Karmyn R said...

GO LONGHORNS

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger M J said...

Happy Thursday to you too!

I'm going to bed early tonight so I can make it be Friday faster...

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger SongBird said...

V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!!! Victory, Longhorns, red and white!!!

We play a private school tomorrow night and the game forecast is not too positive. :( This will be our first conference game.

And, no, I don't have a horticulture degree!! I DO have a whole library of gardening books that I read from cover to cover.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home