S.O.S.

Spectator Of Sports · Football · Basketball · Baseball · Hunting

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Homcoming Week

Bet you all thought I had disappeared! I've been running around like crazy trying to get mums and garters made, helping the boys with their class floats, and on top of that making sure that they have what they need for dress up the next day - lol. . .

It is so fun to watch the kids through Homecoming Week. . .Brings back so many memories. . .

This is the first year that Bud has gotten into the spirit of dress up days. . .So far he has done the Camo day (that wasn't hard) and today is color day and him and a group of boys is dressing up, how would I say this, baggy style. . My friend, SDG, sent me the finished photo. . .LOL - The Junior class color was pink. . .These boys are to silly. . .can you see their magnetic earrings?.


We made several mums this year. . .this one is mine. I saw the braiding on the net and decided to go buy the ribbon and do my own. . .I like to be different. . .LOL - that's not hard. . .

These are the rest of the mums. . .the Senior's got braids on their mums also. . .Each mum is different because we paint the players name on the ribbon and usually Go Horns with their jersey number. . .It's really fun to do them. . .Every one of them has trinkets hanging down and, of course, that's pretty hard to duplicate. . .

These are for 2 little girls. . .one of them is for one of the football coaches little girl (Rae Rae) - she is my little girl - cute as a button. . .And, the other is for one of the cheerleaders little sisters - she is a cutie too! She does cheers with the girls - just adorable. . .

These are our garters, for those that don't want the big ole mum hanging from their chest, lol. . . I made JJ's and hers is different than these too - I put a ribbon with Bud's name on it for her. . .

Tonight is our Homecoming Parade. . .It's nice living where we do, because we walk down to the end of the street and they go by. . .Then I have time to walk over to the park to watch them in front of the judges. . .They have a pep rally, cook hamburgers and the Senior football moms feed the team. . .It's really nice. . .

So, if you don't hear from me the rest of the week - you know I'm out cheering for the Team. . .Go Longhorns! ! !

11 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Blogger Tiggerlane said...

Absolutely beautiful mums!! I can tell a lot of hard work and love went into them.

The garters are a GREAT idea! I remember spending entire evenings trying to make sure my mum didn't force my shirt down to my ankles.

Can't wait to hear how Homecoming goes for your family.

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Shauna said...

Thank you Tiggerlane! We have a good time making the mums. . .

Yes, I make sure I wear a pretty heavy shirt so that my chest isn't hanging out from the weight of the mum. . .LOL

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Silly Hily said...

You made all of those. Damn Shauna, you have mad skills girl. I'm very impressed. Great work. I also love the garters. Too cute.
And the photo of the boys is great.
Thanks for sharing homecoming week with us. It also brought back memories for me.
Have fun!

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Karmyn R said...

WOW! You have been busy. I love that you made those sweet little longhorn ones for the little girls. I bet that made them feel so good!!!

Hey - you changed your template a bit!! - is that camo for homecoming or permanent?

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Shauna said...

Thanks Silly! Remember to share your Jazzersize!

Karmyn - I plan to keep the Camo. . .I LOVE IT! ! ! I am a big time Camo (hunting - realtree - seclusion, etc.) fanatic.I hope to get more orange on here too. . .

The little ones were wearing their Longhorns tonight at the pep rally - they were so cute!

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger SongBird said...

All of your creations are terrific!! Love the boys in pink!! Good luck with the homecoming game. Go Longhorns!!

Our homecoming is Friday the 13th. What were those coaches thinking?!!!

LOL!!! My WV is: brpepxid ( burp pepcid ) just in case you get a nervous stomach!!

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Shauna said...

Songbird - I would ask the same question - what were the coaches thinking - LOL. . .

I do have a nervous stomach - LOL

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

I drove by your parade on my way home last night. I was kind of surprised it isn't on a "main" street. Doesn't seem like they would get a whole lot of public support that way. Interesting. Whatever works though. I even saw a float turing a corner. :) I bet it was a lot of fun. The mums and stuff look great. Well done.

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger Shauna said...

Julie - the parade has always been through town. . .They go around through the addition and wind up at the park where they hold a small pep rally and award float winners. Student Council sells hot dogs, chips, cookies, and a drink and the Senior moms feed the team in the town hall. . .

I wonder which float you saw. . .The seniors won. . .shucks!

We always have fun - just hectic. . .

 
At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! This really brings back memories. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Shauna said...

Susan - You are welcome. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home