S.O.S.

Spectator Of Sports · Football · Basketball · Baseball · Hunting

Thursday, August 31, 2006

IT WAS SOOOOO GROSS!

Okay, you have read other snot stories and I really can't think of anything else to blog about. . .This will be short and sweet - LOL - it's actually GROSS!

A few years ago Scoop was playing in a Basketball Tournament in Wichita, Kansas. . .On the way to the gym we stopped by a McDonald's to get some breakfast. . .We waited our turn, as it was busy.

"T", a friend of ours, was standing in line with Birddog and me and when we got up there to order it was TOTAL SHOCK! The MANAGER had sticky, green SNOT hanging out of her nose! It was everything I could do not to gag, let alone place an order for food to eat. She kept sniffing, so she knew it was there. The other employees didn't say anything and I sure wasn't going to. I know I looked at Birddog in absolute horror.

She kept running around behind the counter grabbing the orders and finally before she put our food on a tray she WIPED HER NOSE ON HER SHIRT SLEEVE! ! ! OMG! It was total gag reflex! ! !

We took our tray and looked at "T" who was standing there in total disbelief! I'm laughing right now just remembering the look on her face. . .

We got to the table and passed out the food. One bite, I WAS FINISHED! I could not eat. . .All I could see was that snot! When "T" got to the table she just sat there in shock. . .She couldn't eat either. . .Of course, "J", her hubby, just cracked jokes about it - he didn't have the lovely site that we had. . .so he wasn't fazed in the least. . .

It was a long time before I could go into a McDonalds to eat. . .Just the uniform was enough to make me gag. . .

14 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

.... Isn't it something how such a thing as mucas coming out of a nose can damage our appetite.

I have a nose/snot post that I will be writing when I get the energy.

Thanks for sharing ... I THINK!!!!
HEE HEE

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Shauna said...

LOL Pamela. . .The colored mucas is the worst!

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Swampwitch said...

What bothers me is when I have "something" showing in my nose and have probably talked to no less that 20 people, then look in the mirror and see "it." Why didn't someone tell me "it" was there? There is a cute story on Ree's GLOB (Confessions of a Pioneer Woman)about this subject and if I knew how to put a link to it, I would. This GLOBBING is all new to me. . . so I'm learning.

 
At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you grew up on a so-called farm? I would have thought you would have a stronger stomach than that. Why wouldn't you tell her it was there? She was probably sniffing hoping it would not be seen not knowing it was already in sight. Poor lady.

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Shauna said...

Anonymous - you tell me how you tell a complete stranger - "HEY LADY YOU HAVE GREEN SLIMY SNOT HANGING OUT YOUR NOSE". . .She had to know, I can usually tell if I need to excuse myself and clean my nostrils out. Answer a question with a question - "Why didn't the other workers say anything?"
Yes, I grew up on a farm, casterated pigs, gave shots, put in ear tags, pulled lambs, and all the other stuff that goes with it. . .I guess maybe the fact that it was a human? I really don't know why it grossed me out so bad. . .Maybe it was the fact she was working in the food industry. . .Who knows, I just know it was gross.

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Shauna said...

Swampwitch - I'm still pretty new to blogging also. . .I will have to check out Ree's story. . .Thanks for sharing! ! !

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

Hee Hee! That was funny!

Okay, I am actually sitting in class and am not supposed to be on the computer that is staring me in the face. So I decided to catch up on my blog reading. My only problem is that I don't have my favorites list.

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Karmyn R said...

gross - I'd rather hear a good old fart story - those are harder to visualize!

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Silly Hily said...

I think what is so gross is that she wiped it on her shirt.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger M J said...

I don't think I could have told her she was ... ahem ... blowing snot bubbles either. Maybe the co-worker should have clued in the so-called "poor lady".

I would love to know Anon's suggestion on how to handle that one. I probably would have gagged, then gone home to blog about it.

:-)

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Shauna said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Shauna said...

Julie - AMmmmmmmm - in class on the puter! ! ! LOL

Hee Hee Karmyn - you're right about the visualization!

You go Silly! Did anyone say GROODY! ! ! ARgh

MJ - maybe Anon will come back to visit and tell us the solution on how to handle that one. . .
LOL - I gagged all day! Birddog kept telling everyone of the experience. . .and now a few years down the road I'm into blogging - so I got to share the story. . .You lucky peeps!

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger SongBird said...

I don't think I will ever eat at Mickey D's again without thinking of your story. EEEEWWWWWW!!!

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Shauna said...

Songbird - it's nice to know that every time you go to Mickey D's I'll be thought of. . .LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home