S.O.S.

Spectator Of Sports · Football · Basketball · Baseball · Hunting

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I Made It!

Last night was my first night of Fall classes. . .I have avoided taking night classes throughout my continuing education but I can no longer say that. One of the classes required for my Accounting degree is only offered at night (I should say early evening) in the Fall. . .Urr. . .Sure does mess with my family time. . .

I'm taking 12 hours this semester and will take 12 hours this Spring and then May 2007 I will walk to receive 2 degrees - Business Administration and Accounting. . .

Sure am glad I went ahead and took the Summer classes that I did. . .Makes my load quite a bit less. . .

If I happen to have a few hit and miss posts, please understand that I'm either dealing with my school work, the kids school work, house work, my part-time job, or I'm sitting in the bleachers cheering the boys on. . .

Oh yeah, we still have a truck to repair too! ! ! LOL - - - Things around this house don't get very boring - just stuff you don't wanna deal with. . .

I might be asking for help with Trig for Bud. . .Anybody know it? I can handle Scoop's stuff right now. . .LOL

11 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Blogger Karmyn R said...

All I can say is "WOW" - returning to school as a full-time parent!!! Way to go!

And I'm going to say it (since I won't ever see them). And I'm saying it in my high sqeaky voice "Your boys are SOOOO CUUUUTE".

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Susan in va said...

Ditto to everything karmyn said (even the "boys are sooooooo cuuuute").

I also have a degree in accounting - I don't know how you are doing it and raising a family at the same time. That is a tough degree - YOU GO GIRL!

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Shauna said...

Karmyn and Susan - thank you sooooo muuucchhh! I think my boys are sooooo cuuute too!

It has been a long haul with school, but hopefully I have set an example for the boys. . .

We are now working on getting Bud to decide what he is wanting to do to further his education. . .At least I will be up-to-date on what kind of aid, etc. is available to him. . .Our H.S. counselor is not very good - so can't count on her for help.

Be ready - December '06 we celebrate Julie's graduation and soon to follow May '07 we are celebrating mine! ! !

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger willowtree said...

Go supermom!!!

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger SongBird said...

Wow!! Two degrees...I am extremely impressed. I will never forget when I finally finished my degree. I didn't get to walk to receive mine. I got it in the mail. I opened it, read my diploma then sat and cried. It was a bad time in my life, but I was so happy to have that degree!

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Shauna said...

You're funny Willowtree. . .

Songbird - I'm sorry you didn't get to walk. I didn't walk when I received my Associate's but I will with these. . .

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

Walking is too overrated! There are way too many people at graduation. Don't know if that is the thing to do or just go straight to the party!!

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

How do you find time to blog?

I work, come home, read blogs, think about painting, write myself notes in the dust on the piano, and sneeze and go to bed.

speaking of which... yawwwwn


Good for you to be so motivated.

 
At 4:43 AM, Blogger Shauna said...

Pamela - if you look at the times my posts are made I get up pretty early. . .Julie has me hooked and now I feel lost if I don't blog - LOL. . .

It's hard to stay motivated but there is that light getting brighter at the end of the tunnel. . .

My house has dust and my dishes pile up sometimes. When my family starts asking about clean underwear then I worry about getting my laundry caugh up . .LOL Actually, the laundry issue isn't really that bad - they would flip if they didn't have clean underwear!

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Silly Hily said...

HA! I know I need to do laundry when my husband tells me he is wearing the last pair in his drawer.

You expect me to forgive you for not blogging b/c you have like, a life!? Psh. I'm not a forgiving person. I expect you to blog as usual. So what if you have a family, a house, school, work, etc. etc. I mean, what do you do in your spare time? Sleep?
(You know I'm kidding. I envy you for being able to tackle so much! I hope I can keep up like you have, with everything.)

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Shauna said...

Thanks Silly! ! ! Keep me laughing so I don't lose my mind! ! ! !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home