S.O.S.

Spectator Of Sports · Football · Basketball · Baseball · Hunting

Monday, August 21, 2006

It Looks Pretty Good




Well, I've been trying to upload my new football pictures of Bud and Scoop. The crazy thing won't do it. . .Hopefully by the time I get to the end of this post the computer will cooperate and I can post my bragging rights to my babbling.

As I said in my last post the boys scrimmaged in Edmond Friday night. I was a little worried because this was the first time the team had been up against an opposing team. The team really surprised me. . .Chisholm has had several years of losing seasons but from what I saw Friday night the losing streak may be over. . .I'm not saying that they are going to win every game they play (they still have a lot to work on) but I don't think that they will lose every game. . .That's a great improvement. . .

I was really proud of my boys. . .Bud never playing quarterback before looked rather relaxed. . .Now me on the other hand - was nervous at first - but settled in to it. . .He'll be fine. . .


Scoop did exceptionally well also. . .He even made a touchdown - it was a whopping yard - but never-the-less it was a touchdown. . .


Mom is going to be okay with this. . .And, the boys seemed to get a little more excited about the upcoming regular season. . .

Yeah! ! ! Go Longhorns! ! !

10 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

the girls are going to be lining up.

better get a fly-swatter!!!!

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Shauna said...

Thanks Pamela. . .I've got my swatter in place! ! !

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger willowtree said...

Well done. My mother never saw me play anything, and I was a representative field hockey player.

Just a quick question: I don't get the concept of a scrimmage, I know what the line of scrimmage is, I'm just unfamiliar with the term as it applies here.

Baseball I know. I'm actually a qualified 3rd level baseball coach (can coach rep. squads). Football I watch but aren't all that knowledgeable. It kinda sounds like a practice game.

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger SongBird said...

What a couple of handsome sons you have!! I would bet that the girls are already swarming around! Go, Longhorns!! Woo hoo!!

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Shauna said...

Willowtree - you are absolutely correct about a scrimmage being a practice game. Basically the coaches are paying attention as to how well the players are playing the positions they have put them in and looking for those that could improve the game.

Birddog's parents never supported any sports that he ever went out for therefore he quit. When we had the boys we both vowed that we would be at everything we possibly could.

I do, unfortunately, have an instructor this semester that doesn't understand the concept of supporting your children's activities and I will be missing or leaving class a little early to attend - so HE WILL JUST HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT. . .

Will you have my back?????

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Shauna said...

Thanks Songbird!
Bud has himself a steady girl and she is a sweetie! She is also an athlete and very good. . .They make a good couple right now because they are both supportive of the sports they both play. . .

Scoop is talking to several girls and seems that he is either IMing, Text Messaging or occasionally even talking to one of them all the time. He likes the girls that are involved in sports also. . .I prefer it that way.

Bud had a girl that wasn't in sports one time - I HATED IT and didn't care for the girl either! ! !

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

Well, if I say how cute they are they might get embarrassed when I see them again. :) So I will go with AWWW!!! Good luck Guys!!!

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger willowtree said...

Damn straight I'll back you up!

What the crap!!! What happened to Julie?

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger Shauna said...

Julie - you're right they would be pretty embarrassed if you said they were cute. . .Now if you told them how HOT they were they probably hit on you the next time you saw them. . .LOL

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger Shauna said...

Thanks Willowtree! It's nice to have somebody backing me up. . .LOL

What do you mean what happened to Julie?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home