S.O.S.

Spectator Of Sports · Football · Basketball · Baseball · Hunting

Sunday, September 03, 2006

I'm So Proud of My Boys!

Okay, I've earned bragging rights! ! ! Scoop's first football game of the season was totally awesome! They lost but Scoop played an awesome JV game - Thursday Night! He had four completed passes!

Unfortunately, it will be the only game he gets to play this season. . .During the first quarter something happened and he hurt his ankle. . .Bud was on the sidelines (as a supporting varsity player) and Scoop told him his ankle really hurt and he thought he broke it. . .A coach taped the ankle up and Scoop continued to play. . After the game, we had a mom of a friend of ours look his ankle over. . .there wasn't a whole lot of swelling at the time and no discoloration. . .She told me to call the Dr. office the next morning if I wanted it looked at further. . .

I let the boys sleep in and they attended a mandatory breakfast for the team then Bud brought Scoop to see me. . .OMG! ! ! I started making the phone calls. . .His foot and ankle were really swollen and he wouldn't put any weight on it. :(

At 11:00 we were sitting in an exam room waiting. . .x-rays were taken, g-ma Marie (the friends mom) and g-ma Bert (another friends mom) were both there (they are both nurses). . The doctor and physicians assistant could not believe he played the WHOLE game on his ankle and were really shocked when they were told he was also punting.

Scoop fractured his ankle and broke his growth plate and will have surgery to put a screw in his growth plate on Tuesday morning. . .This is the first broken bone that either of our children have had. . .

Scoop will be supporting his fellow CHISHOLM LONGHORNS on the sidelines for the rest of the season. . :(

Please pray that his nerves will calm down. . .He is really nervous about this. . .I'm really proud of him! But, at the same time I'm mad at him for not SPEAKING UP, Screaming or Something! ! !

On another note - - -
Bud had an awesome game also - Friday night! He had 3 completed passes and an interception. Bud had 4 touchdowns!

The team needed this win and they darn sure got it! 57-13! They broke a losing streak that the local newspaper has definately made sure their readers knew that last season was a 0-10 for the Longhorns. . .Here's a link to our local newspaper to read the story! Like I said - I'm bragging. . .If you're able to see the pictures (homepage - slideshow white with red uniforms), Bud is #6. . .:)

Be ready fellow Bloggers! I hope to be posting a lot of Brags in posts and we aren't publishing any more injury stories!

8 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Blogger SongBird said...

Oh my goodness gracious!! Poor Scoop! I feel so sorry for him. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers....and you too Mom. My mom told me she would rather have had the surgery herself than feel so helpless when I had surgery. I was a little younger than Scoop though. I had major surgery when I was around 18 months old. Anyway, you had an exciting weekend! Congrats to Bud and Scoop for their good games. My school football team won their game Friday night. Total shocker! But the Razorbacks lost....BAD.

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Shauna said...

Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. . .Every little bit helps. . .

Scoop had hernia repair when he was 4, but he doesn't remember much. . .He's fretting and I don't like it. . .Momma's always want to take the place for their kiddos. . .

Congrats on you school win. . .I don't know what to say about your Razorbacks - OUR COWBOYS won! ! ! GO POKES!

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Karmyn R said...

Poor baby boy! (I have to say baby, because when they get hurt like that I always feel so sad.)

I hope he recovers quickly and is able to get back on that field again next season!!! (My nephew 1st year of college football pulled his ACL - missed a year due to therapy. They red-shirted him, so although he is a JR - he is considered a freshman footballer again!)

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

That growth plate business scares me......

I hope he has a great physician... and physical therapist.

My gut hurts.

 
At 5:23 AM, Blogger Shauna said...

I know what you're saying Karmyn. . .he is my BABY! The doc said that he should be ready to play basketball. . .

I think he will be - if he could play a whole football game on a broken ankle - he should heal petty darn fast. .


Pamela - Doc said that he has slowed in his growing through his ankles and he is at the age where he is growing more in his knees. . .and he told me that was a good thing. . .Scared me too! Just the whole business of Scoop having a broken bone! This is the first broken anything that either of the boys have had. . .

Scoop is tough and I think he will bounce back quick. . .

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Silly Hily said...

Poor Scoop! Hope everything goes well with the surgery.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

Hey! I forgot to tell you that McD said he saw Bud's photos in the paper the other day. Slipped my mind. :)

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger Shauna said...

We are really proud of the way that Bud has been recognized. . .He did have a really good game. . .

The whole team this year seems to have much better attitudes and it has shown by the way each and every one of them have been playing. . .They all looked really good.

The team they are playing this week is big, so they are going to have to work harder. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home