S.O.S.

Spectator Of Sports · Football · Basketball · Baseball · Hunting

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Aggrevated

Here lately I have been getting really aggrevated. . .I don't know if it's just me or if other people see a lot of these things too.

Birddog and I take care of our own. Our parents don't buy our children's clothes, shoes, athletic camps, etc. - we pay for all of it. . .We have several friends that their parents are constantly helping them, therefore, their kids get to do a lot of things that we have to tell ours that we don't have the money. Needless-to-say I get really upset. I don't want my parents help, the kids are our responsibility - but how do we get them to understand.

I know I'm not supposed to be envious or jealous - but IT STINKS!

6 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know just what you mean. Only with us it happens with in our own family. It's not fun!

Kids have to learn to live with in their means or when they get older they will make financial mistakes. We are doing the right thing I think.

 
At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your children may not like it now - but you are teaching them a very important lesson in life - living within their means and how to take financial responsibility of their life.

When they are older - they will appreciate it! - while they watch those around them buy whatever they want all the time and drive up their debt.

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger SongBird said...

I agree with Vicki and Karmyn and you and your husband. You are teaching your boys an important lesson in financial responsibility.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Claudia said...

My niece used to expect things to just come her way too. Now, she has a job, has to pay her own car insurance and make payments on her car. She told me over Christmas,"I never realized how expensive things are." Getting a job and having to pay for things themselves is a great wake-up call!

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Silly Hily said...

I don't think there is any way to get them to understand right now. But one day, they will. And they'll be better off for not being complete spoiled brats like so many children are these days.

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger That Chick Over There said...

I could write a book about this! Believe me!

I don't think it's so bad though. That way your kids don't expect to get everything whenever they want it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home