S.O.S.

Spectator Of Sports · Football · Basketball · Baseball · Hunting

Thursday, June 07, 2007

My Heart is Hurting

This morning Bud and I really got into it. That kid has the I am almost 18 attitude and I don't like it!

The boys have been at football camp for 3 days and Scoop got up to go play baseball today and come back for football this evening. . .Bud was SUPPOSED to get up and go to work and then football this evening - but "he is hurting" - so he called in and told them he wouldn't be there.

I am furious! I ripped him up one side and down the other and yanked the clothes out of the dryer and threw them into a basket to keep from throwing things at him! And I was told when he turns 18 he is moving out. . .needless-to-say that didn't set well with me and I told him not to wait - to be gone at noon! I know - I wish I hadn't said that but he always pulls this stuff when his dad isn't around. . .I told him I deserved more respect from him - - - I left and came to work - - - it is so hard to hold the tears in - - -what have I done to deserve this - - - do they not realize the sacrifices that have been made for them to have and do the things that they have gotten. . .

I have made up my mind that he will no longer call me mom - he will address me as Mrs. He will get to start doing a lot of the things I do for my whole family for himself - - - he wants to be 18 by golly he's going to get the chores too!

Forgive me for ranting and forgive me if you don't agree. . .I know I am probably saying a lot of things in anger but it is something that I have to do. . .

Here's to better days ahead! :)

10 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds tough. Geez I remember those growing pains with my kids and wouldn't want to go through them again. Thankfully it all "came out in the wash". Hope tomorrow is a better day.

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Shauna said...

Gawilli - it is already better - sure will be glad when this is all over. . .I get to go through it again in a couple more years. . . YIPPEE!

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Tiggerlane said...

Sometimes, you just gotta pull out the big guns. Seriously, don't beat yourself up for this. And the blog environment is a good place for a rant. :-)

Just think, when he's 25, he'll totally appreciate you. And if you think that's a long time to wait, remember how long ago he was 11?

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger katy said...

go for it, i have done the same and so have thousand other mums in fact i would have packed his bags for him! most of us have been there at one point or another, and they said it gets eaisier as they get older mmmmmmmmmm

 
At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One day he will appreciate you - too bad he can't right now.

 
At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch...just stopped in to say hello...not a good day. It will get better...but beware, it may get worse before it get worse. Thanks for the visits while I've been away from blogging.

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

don't make a permanent decision in a temporary situation.

thats my advice for today.

hugs to you - and a reminder that before you know it he won't be a teenager anymore.

Many of us survived our kids teenage years.... you will. Your a strong woman... and a damn good mother, too.

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Kila said...

It's a tough age. I was a very good (angel perfect) kid, but at that age I was not a good kid, and not appreciative, didn't have to listen to anyone, was ready to take on the world myself and I knew it all, blah, blah, blah. I totally dread my boys hitting that stage.

Hang in there. Keep reminding him you love him unconditionally and he can come to you about anything...though he must show you respect 'cause you're his mom and he's just a little punk, LOL. Having him do laundry and chores sounds good.

(((HUGS)))

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Shauna said...

Tigger - Thanks! I remember telling my mom at the age of 24 that I wished I had listened. . .

Her - Who were these people that said it gets better the older they get? ? ? ! ! ! They need to be beat! ! ! It gets harder to discipline and costs TONS more! ! !And, free time - we give it all up if we want to be involved with our kids! ! ! Thanks for your support!

Karmyn - Thank you. . . . :0

Thanks Swampy!

Pamela - your words are taken to heart. . .Thank you so much for your support and words of wisdom. . .Things are much better between us now. . .We have talked and are communicating better - we agreed that we both need to hold our tongues. . .

Kila - Wish he was a little - hehehe - he is a BIG punk. . .It sucks when I get mad at him cuz I have to look up to scream. . . :) We are getting along mucho better now . . . and have made some agreements. . .

 
At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you smoothed the situation out. We all say things in anger that we don't really mean.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home