S.O.S.

Spectator Of Sports · Football · Basketball · Baseball · Hunting

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Just wondering

I've been doing some thinking. . .I know SCARY!

I have a friend that I used to talk to at least every other day. . .We would IM one another and call quite a bit. It has been almost a year since I have actually heard her voice with the exception of hearing it on her voicemail on her cell phone. She was awesome support to me while my Birddog was working out of town and we thought we were going to move. . .now, I don't hear ANYTHING from her.

I passed her today in her ride and I know she didn't recognize me in my ride because she has never actually seen it (just pictures) - so I tried to call her - No Answer. . . :( I sent her a text message and told her I tried to call her after I saw her - and, as of yet, have not had a reply. . .I asked what I had done that I never heard from her anymore. . .Was that wrong?

I thought we had a good friendship and was hoping it would build. . .I miss her and her sense of humor. . .

Just pondering and wondering what in the world could have possibly happened. . . .

8 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, Blogger katy said...

hate it when things like this happen, you either have to give up on her or go and confront her, me i would go and see her and try to fing out what she thinks the problem is, true friends are hard to find and i like to keep hold of mine as it sounds you do to, so go and see her in person

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Debs said...

I had a friend who would talk to me for year...take a year off, Then she would talk to me for a few months...and then nothing. I asked her every time what happened? She would give a lame excuse every time. This time when she stopped talking to me.....I give up. Real friends do NOT do this.

I would confront her and just say Hey what is up? Put your mind at ease. :)

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Shauna said...

Her - I will probably just give up. . .I have plenty of friends and don't want to beg someone to be one. . .I am one of those people who is a YOU GET WHAT YOU SEE and if you don't like it - Oh well. . . Maybe that is what happened. . .H*)# if I know. . .

Debs - I asked what was up and have not received any sort of answer so I guess I'll leave it at a whatever. . .Maybe that is a bad attitude but I don't want to feel like I'm begging. . .Know what I mean?

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger katy said...

shauna it is her lose

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Shauna said...

Thanks her!

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Susan in va said...

Wow! That is so strange! I'm guessing that there was a misunderstanding on her part somewhere along the way. But a true friend would return your calls and give you some sort of explanation. Maybe you could e-mail her and just be honest with her - or maybe e-mail her a link to this post ;)

Stuff like this really bugs me.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Shauna said...

Susan - This has bothered me quite a bit - but life goes on. . .

I thought about emailing but she is a blogger and I thought that maybe she would see this and know how I feel.

 
At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! I am wondering if this is about me. I am kind of surprised, because if it is indeed about me I never received a text message and I haven't heard from you either. I just assumed you were as busy as I was and didn't think anything of it. I did see you the other morning, and do know your vehicle, but rarely see it. It is funny how we can live in a town this size and never see each other. We used to see each other at the grocery store on occasion.

I did receive a phone call the morning I saw you, but I was on my morning call to my Mom and didn't know the number coming through so I didn't answer it. There wasn't a message so I just figured it was a wrong number.

I am sorry if you thought something was up, you haven't done anything. We are just both busy and both in different areas of our lives right now. That is what I thought anyway. I know how it is having a senior that plays all the sports, you are going to be swamped all year long! And you are super involved which is a great thing, so that will keep you even busier.

Again, I am sorry you thought those things. I hope you know that if I had gotten a message I would have returned it, but I promise I never got a text (I just checked again) nor any phone messages or emails.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home