S.O.S.

Spectator Of Sports · Football · Basketball · Baseball · Hunting

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Oh How Fun. . .continued. . .

Well, it's the morning of the surgery. . .keeping myself busy until it's time to go. . .Thank you Songbird and Karmyn for your encouraging words. . .It took Scoop and I both a while to go to sleep last night. . .I slept with him. . .In a few hours this will be over and we'll be on our road to recovery! I'm ready and I know he is too!

To continue on with my answers to your questions. . .

Songbird said...
1. Do you have any siblings?
I have one sister TA who is four and a half years younger than me. We are complete opposites - she being the prissy one.

2. How old were you when you married?
I was 21 when Birddog and I were married. . .

3. What are some of your personal interests besides blogging?
I really enjoy doing things to my house, just don't have a lot of time to do those things. . .As a family we go snow skiing, boating, and camping. But you all already know that my biggest interests are the things Bud and Scoop are involved in.

4. What type(s) of music do you listen to?
I listen to a variety of music. . .It would probably be safe to say that classic (soft) rock is probably my favorite with Country right behind.

5. What is your favorite flower?
My favorite flower is the Hibiscus. . .

M J said...
1. Who is your best friend? How did you meet?
My best friend was Robin. We met in high school. Unfortunately, I lost her 19 years ago to a motorcycle accident. I have never met or been as comfortable with anyone else since. We knew everything about each other.

2. Going the high school year book route here: What is your biggest pet peeve.
My BIGGEST PET PEEVE EVER is someone who chews with their mouth open. . .It just makes me livid!

3. Following the same theme, what is your most embarrassing moment? Come on, I fessed up to mine!
Wowzers M J! I'm having to think about this one. . .You know as humans we forget the things we don't want to remember. . .LOL :). . .I will come back to this question because at the moment I am drawing a complete blank.

Pamela said...
IF you were a tree what kind would it be?
Signed. Barara Walters
Wow, a tree? Um. . .I am going to say a Redbud because it's branches aren't far from the ground and the pretty pink flowers give me a smile. . .Boy do I sound like a lush. . .I say this because I am just a person, easy going but I love to put smiles on peoples faces. . .

(I thought about doing this as an anonymous post, but since you've had some unpleasant ones there I just decided to be silly) Awe, come on! Anon doesn't bother me . . .LOL . . . added some spice to the blogging world. . .LOL

What kind of mother in law do you think you will be?
I hope to be a MIL (hope that is a while away) that doesn't poke her nose in where it doesn't belong (even tho I know I will want to) but be supportive and able to help them when they need it.

What kind of mother in law do you have?
Oh boy! This could be a many parter! ! ! Birddog and I have not spoken to my MIL in almost 3 years now. . .I think she has dementia AND I'M NOT KIDDING. . .Birddog is the baby and trust me - she knows everything - no matter how long we have been married and what he says! One day I will have to post about her because it could go on and on and on. . .like an Everyready battery. . .It's a funny BUT SAD story. . .The lady gave me a wonderful man and I think it is because of the things he went through growing up that he is the way that he is. . .
On the other hand, I am one of those people that has 2 MIL's. Birddog's stepmother is a nice lady. . .She hosts family gatherings. . .but is a planner - to the minute and months in advance - LOL - yeah right - not from Birddog's group.


Has that thought even crossed your mind about what will happen when those boys grow up and fall in love?
I have thought about it. . .If Bud continues to date girls like JJ he will be happy. . .Scoop is picky about the type of girls he dates (not that he can drive) and he and his brother have about the same likes and dislikes in girls. I have been known to tell the boys if I like or dislike the girl they are interested in.

5 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Blogger Tiggerlane said...

Hang in there! I can't even imagine have to go thru that --- it will be a long day, but you can do it!

Wish the kiddo my best!

(Found your site thru Songbird, btw.)

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Silly Hily said...

Thinking of you and Scoop today. Update us as soon as you can.
Here are some questions to help take your mind off things.
Have you had "the talk" with the boys yet? If so, how did you approach it? If not, when will you? Or will Birddog handle that?
Have you ever been arrested?
What kind of beer do you drink? (I ask this b/c I totally see you being a beer drinker. Maybe I'm wrong.)
Will we ever see a picture of you and/or Birddog?
Will you pursue a job/career once you graduate?
How do you and Julie know each other?
And now for the juicy one b/c you know I have to ask at least one juicy on.....How, after 20 years of marriage and 2 grown boys in the house, do you and Birddog keep things "spicy"?

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Shauna said...

Tiggerlane - thank you so much for your encouragement. . .Please come back and visit. . .

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger M J said...

Your answer about your best friend broke my heart.

I lost a best friend due to my own stupidity and not death. It still hurt.

 
At 4:50 AM, Blogger Shauna said...

MJ - I have lost friends to stupidity. . .It does hurt. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home