S.O.S.

Spectator Of Sports · Football · Basketball · Baseball · Hunting

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Scoop's First Game of Season


We drove to Kingfisher last night, which is about 45 minutes away, for Scoop's first basketball game of the season. . .We made it with NO INJURIES! ! ! ! yea! ! !

I was really impressed with the way he played, couldn't even tell that he's only been released for a couple of weeks full activity.

Most of the boys have played together for a long time now and you can tell. Our Athletic Director, I think that's where I point the finger, doesn't make much sense. . .The poor Freshmen, present and past, never get a REAL basketball coach. They always get one of the assistant football coaches to coach them, which usually means that they don't know the game of basketball. It's sad because they just let that group fall between the cracks and then their sophomore year they are expected to know what they want, and the A.D. just happens to be the Varsity coach. . .How much sense does that make? Scoop said that him, Bones (11), and Aus (42) were making up plays last night and that at half-time the coach just told them they were doing good and asked them if anyone had anything to say. . .Now, they had made some pretty dumb mistakes - the boys past coach and their future coach would have ripped them from stem to stern about LANE VIOLATION (more than once). . .LOL
The same thing happened to Bud his Freshman year. Bud and his buddy, K, called the plays. . .Pretty dumb if you ask me.

Oh well, enough griping, the boys won 25 - 24. . .It was a neck in neck game the whole game, so it is safe to say it was a good game. Everyone got to play except one kid and Scoop didn't know why, I think coach forgot him and he didn't say anything. Scoop says he plays pretty good from what he has seen at practice.

Next week, Scoop plays in Fairview on Monday, then Kingfisher comes to us on Tuesday. Our season is in FULL SWING. . .and I LOVE IT!

The JV and Varsity travel to Newkirk today for a scrimmage. I don't think that Birddog and I are going to be able to make it. I don't get out of class until 4:30 and by the time we make the hour drive they will be close to winding down. If I have to miss something I would rather it be a scrimmage. Bud's first game will be December 1st.

P.S. If you haven't figured it out, Scoop is #25. . .:)

10 Comments:

At 6:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, one quick comment before class. Did you skip class for this? Heehee.

And the music! Oh my heck! I certainly got everyone's attention this morning at school when I opened your blog. Thanks! You know how I like to draw attention to myself.

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Shauna said...

ROFLOL - I can just imagine what you did! ! ! ! Heehee! ! ! HIT THE MUTE! CLOSE THE WINDOW! Whoops! Music is cool tho isn't it? :)

Yes - I skipped class - it was the only one I should have to miss and if they hadn't switched the games I wouldn't have missed it. . .

Really bummed about missing Bud's scrimmage tonight. . . :(

 
At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, nearly jumped out of my skin with the music...who is that?
I like it.
Love basketball stories...nothing like it in OK...except for maybe football...:) How's the toe? You can answer back at my place as I probably won't have time to do my blog visiting.

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger its_amyia1977 said...

Shauna! I was leaving work yesterday and this truck pulled up next to me with an ATV in the back trailer with two deer riding in the back..and I immediately thought of you guys! Hope you all are having a good hunting season!! Its deer mania up here..and everyone knew just exactly how to spend their Veterans day yesterday!...LOL, and no it wasn't honoring vets, it was deer hunting!

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Shauna said...

My boys just did get some new land to hunt on. . .They have all been hanging their heads low because they lost the spot they had hunted for years to a lease. . .
They are all getting pumped and geared up now. . .Rifle opens Saturday and they are raring to go. . .Even tho they haven't got to scope things out very much. . .
Maybe the hunters had their flags flying at home in honor of the Vets. . .(wishful thinking?). . .

 
At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved basketball season. My son doesn't play anymore but I wish he did. Now it's Barrel Racing winter edition starting up. We're cold, freezing in an arena someplace, working our tails off and having the time of our lives. As long as your all together, that's all that matters. Right?

 
At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh I love close games! Sounds like a great one!

Ps.. the music scared the crap outta me too. Heheh. It was quiet in here.. too funny.

Marnie

 
At 4:07 AM, Blogger katy said...

yeah no gross photos, yep the music sure woke me up thats clever, well not the waking me up the playing of the music!

 
At 4:31 AM, Blogger Shauna said...

Vicki - you are so right. . .FAMILY TIME! ! !

Marnie - if I was a computer guru I would have figured out a way to put a warning label before my page opened. . .LOL - sorry

Her Indoors - LOL - just remember after Friday I will have Bud's toe on here again. . .

Maybe you all should warn others that when this page is opened there is music. . .LOL

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger SongBird said...

Well, I have dial up so the music comes and goes....In fact, I read all the comments before I ever heard one note of music. I like it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home